In order to reach a group of people with the Gospel, and under ordinary circumstances, our preference for deciding on who to train, equip, and send to reach them should be like this:
1) native missionaries (indigenous)
2) near-cultural missionaries
3) cross-cultural, national missionaries
4) cross-cultural, foreign missionaries who are accustomed to living at the same economic level as those they are trying to reach
5) cross-cultural, foreign missionary of any sort
If group 1 is not available, we look to group 2. If group 1 and 2 are not available, we look to group 3 and so forth. Does this make sense? Do you agree? Disagree? What would be some exceptions?